- in 1781, the Articles of Confederation were finally ratified after nearly 4 years of debate;
- in 1932, the Lindbergh baby was kidnapped, with Bruno Hauptmann being convicted of the crime in one of the most celebrated trials of the century;
- in 1961, a charismatic young President named John F. Kennedy established the Peace Corps;
- in 1969, Mickey Mantle (with whom I share a birthday!) retired from baseball (to the relief of opposing pitchers and Red Sox fans everywhere, I’m sure!)
- and in 2010, Harriman Real Estate, LLC is officially open for business.
OK, so that last one isn’t exactly an historic moment for most people, but it sure is a proud milestone for Pat and me. Many people thought we were nuts for going out on our own in a down economy, but we knew that if we could do well when business was slow, we could do even better when it picked up, and we were right. Oh sure, there have been some bumps in the road along this journey, but we survived them and we’ve gotten stronger because of them. We’ve now grown to 7 agents and they have helped make our first year a resounding success. We have plans to add more agents this year and we’re excited to look ahead to what is sure to be a banner year.
We would like to thank our terrific agents: Vicki, Ellen, Lori, Terez, Paula, Marina and Melvyn, for standing by us and making our first year so remarkable. We also want to thank our dear friends, customers and clients for their support and for entrusting us to help them realize their real estate dreams, you’re all awesome!
Personally, I would like to thank my wife, Pat, for being the driving force behind our little company, and for having the vision and confidence to keep this train on the tracks. She is an my inspiration and I am so lucky to have her by my side.
So, welcome to Day One of Year Two for Harriman Real Estate…fasten your seatbelt boys and girls, 2011 is gonna ROCK!