The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes all the great community craft and vendor fairs. Check out our list here of all the events going on over the next couple of weeks in Meriden:
Saturday, November 24th:
- The Village at Kensington Place is holding their annual craft fair from 10AM to 2PM, and there are still spaces available for crafters. For more information about the fair or to rent a table, call Paula at (203) 235-0181.
- Holy Angels Church at 585 Main Street in South Meriden will host its annual Holiday Bazaar, “Christmas on the Hill”. The event runs from 9AM to 3PM at the Holy Angels Parish Center and will feature crafts, food, baked goods and a raffle. For more info, call (203) 235-3822.
Friday, November 30th:
- Thomas Hooker Elementary School at 70 Overlook Road is hosting its annual holiday fair from 5PM to 8PM. There will be crafts, food, a cookie walk and more, as well as pictures with Santa. Interested vendors or people needing more information should contact Joelle Quilty at (203) 639-9063.
- St. Joseph School hosts their Christmas Festival at Rosary Hall, 177 West Main Street from 3PM to 7PM on Friday the 30th, and from 9AM to 3PM on Saturday, December 1st. Friday’s activities will focus on the kids as they participate in various games and Christmas crafts, and a special visit from Santa is also expected. On Saturday, a craft and vendor fair will take place, with food and baked goods available for purchase.
Saturday, December 1st:
- St. Joseph School’s craft and vendor fair. See listing under Friday, November 30th above.
- Hanover Elementary School at 208 Main Street is looking for crafters and vendors for its annual craft fair being held from 11AM to 4:30PM.
- South Meriden will transform itself into a truly magical experience as it hosts its “Christmas in the Village” beginning at 2PM. Come join Mr. & Mrs. Claus, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph and many other holiday icons as they celebrate the holiday season. Among the many festivities scheduled are the Village Parade, sampling of various food and drink, pictures taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus, Touch-a-Truck, live entertainment on the Main street stage, the Village Idol talent competition, horse-drawn wagon rides, a canned good collection drive, a Christmas tree lighting ceremony, and many others. Luminaries can be purchased to be placed along Main Street, and the Meriden Police Department will, at parents’ request, take pictures of their children and register them in the Amber Alert program. For additional information about the scheduled activities, call April Ouelette at (203) 634-8173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, December 6th:
- The Platt High School Performing Arts Boosters need vendors for their “Shop ’til You Drop” event from 6PM to 8:30PM in the school cafeteria at 220 Coe Avenue. For more information, call Elba Colon at (203) 741-3418 or email her at email@example.com.
Friday, December 7th:
- Thomas Edison Middle School at 1355 North Broad Street is hosting its Winter Extravaganza Fair from 6PM to 9PM. For more information, call the school at (203) 639-8403 or email Patti Cargill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, December 8th:
- Westfield Care and Rehab Center at 65 Westfield Road hosts their annual Holiday Fair from 9AM to 2PM. There are still tables available to rent for interested vendors. For information, call Joette at (203) 238-1291.
- GUS Robotics Team 228 (121 Gravel Street) will partner with the Maloney Spartan High School Band Boosters for an indoor craft fair and tag sale from 8AM to 2PM in the Maloney High School cafeteria. Some of the items available will be pocket books, jewelry, baked goods and music items, and there will also be a raffle. Interested vendors, crafters, school groups and anyone wishing to have a tag sale should contact Deb Lint at (203) 213-4542 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Greater Meriden Chamber of Commerce is seeking vendors and crafters for their downtown holiday event from 8AM to 2PM. Vendors will be located at Cafe Dolce and the Middlesex Community College Community Room. There is no fee to participate. For information, call (203) 235-7901.
Wednesday, December 12th:
- The Meriden Senior Center will hold its 2012 Holiday Fair and Bake Sale from 10AM to 1PM in the main hallway of the Senior Center at 22 West Main Street. Handmade items will be on sale by the knitting, sewing, and ceramics classes and there will also be baked goods and raffles available.
Watch for news of other events coming up it the future, and for my other posts about similar events in Wallingford, Southington and Cheshire. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- 2012 Holiday Craft Fairs in Wallingford CT (wallingfordwired.com)