Whether you’re a hacker or a scratch golfer, the mild weather we’ve been experiencing in New England this winter must have your thoughts turning to big drivers, wide fairways and flat greens. The Connecticut Convention Center is aiming to help you get ready to hit the links in style this year.
From March 9th through the 11th, the Convention Center in Hartford will play host to the 2012 Connecticut Golf Show in Hall B. Numerous sponsors, including The River 105.9, Callaway Golf and Golf Digest Magazine, have come together to make the show an exciting, interactive way to get your golf fix before hitting your first ball. The three day event is packed full of things to do for golfers of all skill levels. Here are some of the planned activities:
- New Country Motor Cars PING Putting Challenge – Sink a putt using a PING putter, win a prize, plus free Sunday admission where you’ll compete for the grand prize, a Las Vegas Stay & Play package!
- Wood-n-Tap Short Game Central – Chip an “almost” golf ball into holes of all sizes on the airborne banner for a chance to win prizes!
- Waddell & Reed Long Drive Challenge – Tee it high and let it fly for a chance at some great prizes. Men’s, women’s and senior’s divisions so lots of chances to win!
- The First Tee Marshmallow Chip Shot – Kids can try to chip a marshmallow into an inflatable target, parents can try the marshmallow or a real golf ball, all while learning about The First Tee and its commitment to using golf to build character and instill values in our children.
- Travelers Championship On The Green – stop by to try out a new putter, compete for prizes or just for fun!
These are just some of the goings on scheduled for this much anticipated event, which will also feature a huge list of exhibitors displaying their products, providing information and literature, and adding their own spice to the festivities. Admission to this funtastic event is $10 for adults and $9 for seniors (60 and older), while children under 12 get in free. The event hours of operation are as follows:
Friday, March 9: 11am to 5pm
Saturday, March 10: 9am to 5pm
Sunday, March 11: 9am to 4pm
So, if you’re itching to get out and play a round or two, or even if you already have this year, head on over to the Connecticut Convention Center and get your golf on!