Home sellers and buyers over the age of 50 can sometimes encounter a particularly complex set of circumstances when it comes to buying or selling a home. Differing types of financing, finding the ideal place to live as a senior, and anticipating futures needs can all be obstacles to overcome in the process, and it takes someone in tune with the needs of active adult living to help guide you through these pitfalls. That’s where an agent with the Senior Real Estate Specialist designation can help.
Harriman Real Estate LLC is proud to announce that two of its agents, broker/owner Pat Harriman and agent Kim Vogt, have both recently been awarded this valuable designation by the Senior Real Estate Specialist Council of the National Association of REALTORS®. The SRES designation means they have completed a comprehensive course in understanding the needs, considerations and goals of buyers and sellers aged 50 and older. Some of the specific training that was completed included:
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to age-in-place design to assisted living
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients and customers who are 50+
- How to recognize and protect their clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that target 50+ borrowers
As SRES designees, Pat and Kim can help you fit your living situation with your overall life plan and guide you with patience and expertise throughout the real estate transaction. As we age, we come to realize the need for specialists in many areas of our life, including health care, insurance and estate planning, so why not in our housing needs as well?
An SRES designee has many tools at their disposal to ensure that the needs of mature clients are met expertly and efficiently, so if you’re 50 or older and in need of a REALTOR®, give Pat or Kim a call today. Pat can be reached at (203) 605-3873 or by email at email@example.com; Kim can be reached at (203) 623-0017 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.