If anyone had any doubts about whether or not the holidays have arrived, let me put them to rest. Of course, Thanksgiving is here in all it’s basted, browned, bubbly glory, and the holiday craft fairs have begun in earnest. But another upcoming event is sure to bring out the holiday spirit in everyone: The Wallingford Seasons of Celebrations.
Scheduled for December 1st from 1PM to 6PM, this annual event started decades ago at the downtown train station as a meet-and-greet for Santa Claus, but in recent years has moved uptown and expanded to include a variety of fun activities. The town is sponsoring most of the activities, which are free, and most will take place in or around Town Hall.
Here’s list of the happenings:
- Kids can visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus from 1PM to 4PM in the foyer of Town Hall
- There will be a petting zoo for kids from 1:30PM to 5PM
- The Yalesville Volunteer Fire Department will toys for Wallingford children from 1PM to 3PM
- Hot cocoa and cookies to keep you warm and toasty will be available from 1:30PM until they run out
- A photo booth will be open from 2PM to 5PM, courtesy of Show Stopper Entertainment
- Horse-drawn carriage rides will be offered in front of Town Hall from 2PM to 5PM
- The Yankee Chorus will sing Christmas carols from 2PM to 3PM
- Roasting of chestnuts on an open fire will happen from 2PM to 5PM, courtesy of Little Portion Acres
- The “Frosty Parade”, led by Dr. Lou Ferraro accompanied by his youngest daughter, Alana, will start at 5:15PM and will feature Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
- The Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at 5:50PM, led by the donors of the tree, the Archer family
- The Wallingford Chorus will sing carols at the gazebo in Fishbein Park, followed by a reading of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” by Wallingford Mayor William Dickinson, Jr.
This year’s event promises to be fun for kids of all ages and an exciting kick-off to the town’s holiday celebration. While we hope for good weather, would it be blasphemous to wish for just a little bit of snow? Regardless of the forecast, we hope for a great turnout and hope to see you there!
- 2012 Holiday Craft Fairs in Wallingford CT (wallingfordwired.com)
- 2012 Holiday Craft Fairs in Meriden CT (wallingfordwired.com)
- 2012 Holiday Craft Fairs for Southington and Cheshire CT (wallingfordwired.com)