If anyone had any doubts about whether or not the holidays have arrived, let me put them to rest. Of course, Thanksgiving will soon be here in all it’s basted, browned, bubbly glory, and the holiday craft fairs are in full swing. But another upcoming event is sure to bring out the holiday spirit in everyone: The Wallingford Seasons of Celebration.
Scheduled for December 6th from 1PM to 5:30PM, this annual event started decades ago at the downtown train station as a meet-and-greet for Santa Claus, but in recent years has moved uptown and expanded to include a variety of fun activities. The town is sponsoring most of the activities, which are free, and most will take place in or around Town Hall.
Here’s list of the happenings:
- Kids can visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus from 1PM to 4:30PM in the foyer of Town Hall
- There will be a petting zoo for kids from 1PM to 4PM
- The Yalesville Volunteer Fire Department will collect toys for Wallingford children from 1PM to 3PM
- Hot cocoa. popcorn and cookies to keep you warm and toasty will be available from 1PM until they run out
- A photo booth will be open from 2PM to 5PM, courtesy of Show Stopper Entertainment
- Horse-drawn carriage rides will be offered in front of Town Hall from 1PM to 4PM
- Roaming railroad train for the kids from 1:30PM to 4PM
- The Yankee Chorus will sing Christmas carols from 2PM to 3PM
- The “Frosty Parade” will start at 5PM and will feature Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
- The Wallingford Chorus will sing carols at the gazebo in Fishbein Park at 5:15PM, followed by a reading of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” by Wallingford Mayor William Dickinson, Jr.
- The Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at 5:30PM in front of the railroad station
This year’s Seasons of Celebration event again promises to be fun for kids of all ages and an exciting kick-off to the town’s holiday celebration. While we hope for good weather, would it be blasphemous to wish for just a little bit of snow? Regardless of the forecast, we hope for a great turnout and hope to see you there!