Thanksgiving’s basted, browned, bubbly glory has now passed, and the holiday craft fairs are in full swing. But another upcoming event is sure to bring out the holiday spirit in everyone: The Wallingford Seasons of Celebrations.
Scheduled for December 5th from 1PM to 5:30PM, this annual event started decades ago at the downtown train station as a meet-and-greet for Santa Claus, but in recent years has moved uptown and expanded to include a variety of fun activities. The town is sponsoring most of the activities, which are free, and most will take place in or around Town Hall.
Here’s list of the happenings:
- Kids can visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus from 1PM to 4:30PM in the foyer of Town Hall
- There will be a petting zoo for kids from 1PM to 4PM
- The Yalesville Volunteer Fire Department will collect toys for Wallingford children from 1PM to 3PM
- Hot cocoa. popcorn and cookies to keep you warm and toasty will be available from 1PM until they run out
- A photo booth will be open from 2PM to 5PM, courtesy of Show Stopper Entertainment
- Horse-drawn carriage rides will be offered in front of Town Hall from 1PM to 4PM
- Roaming railroad train for the kids from 1:30PM to 4PM
- The Yankee Chorus will sing Christmas carols from 2PM to 3PM
- Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, 1PM to 4PM
- The “Frosty Parade” will start at 5PM and will feature Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
- The Wallingford Chorus will sing carols at the gazebo in Fishbein Park at 5:15PM, followed by a reading of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” by Wallingford Mayor William Dickinson, Jr.
- The Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at 5:30PM in front of the railroad station
- Enjoy the music of DJ Jake Zielinsky all day long!
This year’s Seasons of Celebrations event again promises to be fun for kids of all ages and an exciting kick-off to the town’s holiday celebration. While we hope for good weather, would it be blasphemous to wish for just a little bit of snow? Regardless of the forecast, we hope for a great turnout and hope to see you there!