43rd Annual Lyman Orchards Winterfest
This weekend, February 28th and March 1st, Lyman Orchards will present their 43rd annual Winterfest event, and it promises to be bigger and better than ever. From the start of the Apple Barrel Breakfast at 9am Saturday to the close of the festival at 4pm on Sunday, there is sure to be something to put a smile on the face of every member of the family. Some of the weekend events at the Lyman Orchards Winterfest include:
- Enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride, courtesy of Foxglove Farm, both days from 11am – 3pm, and sleigh rides will be available if there is sufficient snow cover (I doubt if that will be a concern!); rides are $4 per person and free for kids under 2;
- Learn how to prune your own fruit trees at the tree pruning demonstration held both days from 10am – 12noon. Please call 860.349.6043 to sign up for this free demonstration;
- Enjoy breakfast both days at the Apple Barrel Market from 9am – 11am, and lunch at the Outdoor Grill from 11:30am – 4pm. Plus, enjoy free food samples throughout the day in the Apple Barrel Market.
- Ice carving demonstrations each day from 10am – 4pm at the Apple Barrel Tent
- Sing-along with Frozen’s Anna and Elsa on the Apple Barrel deck, Saturday at 10am and 12:45pm, and Sunday at 11am and 1:15pm. Meet & greet immediately after;
- And much more!
As you can see, there’s no shortage of things to do and see at Winterfest. All in all, this should prove to be another fantastic program put on by Lyman Orchards, in conjunction with Big Y Supermarkets and other event sponsors. The fun begins both Saturday and Sunday at 9 AM, and more information on the scheduled events can be found at the Lyman Orchards Winterfest web site. Lyman Orchard is located at 32 Reed Gap Road at the intersection of Routes 147 and 157 in Middlefield.